In light of the concerns surrounding the current COVID-19 pandemic, we at The Coopmanhuijs Hotel believe that being pro-active is the responsible thing to do. We understand the seriousness of the matter and, as a result, we are taking all precautionary health and safety measures to safeguard both visitors as well as our loyal staff within the parameters of Government directives.
Given the nature of our industry, we interact in close proximity to our guests. Whilst our hotel has always maintained strict standards for hygiene and cleanliness, we have implemented additional precautionary measures to protect ourselves and our guests and patrons by:
- greeting and welcoming our guests and patrons by acknowledging and appreciating your presence with a bow and a friendly smile (an interim policy of “no-handshake, no-physical contact” as preventative measure can save lives during this time)
- wearing masks and gloves where necessary and sanitising throughout the processes of checking guests, handling luggage, completing documentation, serving patrons etc.
- having hygiene stations throughout our properties, which will include hand soap and water, hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol content and/or sanitising hand wipes
- regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- using medical grade sanitising sprays on all our equipment and surfaces
- clearly displaying instructional posters on how to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus
- maintaining a safe distance between tables in our restaurants and providing outside seating
- strictly limiting group sizes in accordance to Government announcements from time to time
Provision is made for guests who have travelled or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, to be allocated a safe, pre-prepared area for duration of the recommended quarantine.
Meanwhile, we are continuously assessing the situation and will keep our guests, clients and operators up to date through our social media platforms, our website as well as through personal correspondence.